Page No 6:
Do you find that all living beings need the same kind of food?
No. The food requirements of all living organisms vary. On the basis of food requirements, living organisms are grouped into three categories:
(i) Herbivores: These animals eat only plants or plant products. For example: Cow, elephant, rabbit, horse, etc.
(ii) Carnivores: These animals eat other animals. For example: Lion, tiger, lizard, etc.
(iii) Omnivores: These animals eat both plants and animals. For example: Dog, cat, crow, etc.
Name five plants and their parts that we consume.
Edible plant part
Match the items given in Column A with those in Column B.
|Column A||Column B|
|Milk, curd, paneer, ghee||eat other animals|
|Spinach, cauliflower, carrot||eat plants and plant products|
|Lions and tigers||are vegetables|
|Herbivores||are all animal products|
|Column A||Column B|
|Milk, curd, paneer, ghee||are all animal products|
|Spinach, cauliflower, carrot||are vegetables|
|Lions and tigers||eat other animals|
|Herbivores||eat plants and plant products|
Page No 7:
Fill up the blanks with the words given:
herbivore, plant, milk, sugarcane, carnivore
(a) Tiger is a _________ because it eats only meat.
(b) Deer eats only plant products and so, is called _________.
(c) Parrot eats only _________ products.
(d) The _______that we drink, which comes from cows, buffaloes and goats is an animal product.
(e) We get sugar from _________ .
(a) Tiger is a __carnivore__because it eats only meat.
(b) Deer eats only plant products and so, is called __herbivore__.
(c) Parrot eats only __plant__ products.
(d) The __milk__ that we drink, which comes from cows, buffaloes and goats is an animal product.
(e) We get sugar from __sugarcane__.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapters
- Chapter 1 – Food – Where Does It Come From
- Chapter 2 – Components of Food
- Chapter 3 – Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4 – Sorting Materials Into Groups
- Chapter 5 – Separation of Substances
- Chapter 6 – Changes Around Us
- Chapter 7 – Getting to Know Plants
- Chapter 8 – Body Movements
- Chapter 9 – The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
- Chapter 10 – Motion and Measurement of Distances
- Chapter 11 – Light, Shadows and Reflection
- Chapter 12 – Electricity and Circuits
- Chapter 13 – Fun with Magnets
- Chapter 14 – Water
- Chapter 15 – Air Around Us
- Chapter 16 – Garbage In, Garbage Out
NCERT Solutions for Class 6: